What does this policy cover?
What personal information do we process?
When you register on our Website to receive information regarding specific events, we ask you to provide your name and email address. When you apply for a visa or request an e-Visa using, we may collect and process personal information from you to determine your identity, your eligibility to apply for and get a visa or eVisa. Personal information requested in connection with your visa application or e-Visa request will be set out at the relevant section of the Website and includes:
• Personal information such as your name, username and password, gender, date of birth, home address, email address and phone number, passport details, travel details and plans.
• Personal information in relation to your health, ethnic origin, religion, family background or criminal record.
More generally, by using our Website, we may collect personal information from you relating to your browser, device, IP address and location data. Further details of the type of information of this nature that we process can be found in our Cookies Policy.
The provision of certain personal information is mandatory for the provision of certain services: if the relevant information is not provided, then we might not be able to provide you with certain services. Otherwise, the provision of your personal information is optional. However, note that failure to provide all the requested personal information is likely to impact on the effectiveness of the Website and our ability to interact with you and provide you with useful information.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information to provide the services to you, for service administration purposes, to personalize the content you see on the Website, to identify your location and to improve the services offered to you. We may use your personal information for marketing purposes, where you have asked us for such information, or where you have otherwise specifically opted-in to receive marketing information from us. We may also process your personal information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
We will only process your personal information under one of the following legal bases:
• with your consent for the specified purposes;
• in order to fulfill a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into such contract;
• where processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations under applicable law;
• processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
• processing is otherwise necessary to pursue our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests requiring processing of your personal information include:
• to verify your identity;
• to communicate with you;
• to monitor, protect and enhance our content, services and Website;
• to monitor your use of the Website, and to tailor aspects of our Website to you;
• to investigate and resolve any complaints received from you or others about Website or services.
• to conduct market research.
Where we rely on your consent for processing your personal information:
• we may send you direct marketing in relation to our services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates, and carefully selected partners;
• we may place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
• on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use your personal information for the purposes we specify at that time.
We may also process certain special categories of personal information about you in connection with your visa or e-Visa request via our Website. Whenever we process such information, we do so by relying on one of the following legal bases in addition to those mentioned above:
• You have given your explicit consent to the processing for the specified purposes.
• Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices.
We do not process your personal information based on automated-decision making technologies including profiling.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Where we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent. This will not affect the legality of the processing which has already occurred. In certain circumstances, despite your withdrawal of consent, we may have other legal grounds to continue processing your personal information. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have the right to opt-out of direct marketing. You can do this via the email address set out above.
Who will we share this personal information with, where and when?
We will keep your personal information confidential, although we may disclose it to others in the following limited circumstances:
• We may share your personal information with third-party service providers, who will process such information on our behalf for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include (without limitation) providers of Website hosting, maintenance, call center operation and identity checking.
• We may share your personal information with third parties (including event organizers) where we obtain your consent to do so at the time you provide your contact details. We will only share the specific personal data which you authorize us to share with such third party.
• In the event that our service is privatized, sold or integrated with another business, your personal information may be disclosed to our advisers and to any new supplier of such services.
When we share such information with such third parties, we do so pursuant to an agreement with them that requires them to use such personal information only for the specific purposes for which it has been provided to them, and to ensure that such personal information is kept confidential and secure. Personal information may be shared with professional advisors, government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Our servers are hosted in Saudi Arabia. If, for any of the purposes outlined in this Policy, your personal information is processed outside Saudi Arabia, we do so in accordance with applicable law. If you require further information on this aspect, please contact us at the email address set out above. How long will you retain my information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably required for the purposes for which it was submitted. In the event that you wish to deactivate your account, a red flag appears on our database and, whilst we cannot use that personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process such information until you ask us to stop, and for a reasonable period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your information indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
What rights do I have?
3. You must be at least 18 years old to use our Website
4. There are other terms that may apply to you
5. We may make changes
6. We may suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge although some of the services provided through our Website might be subject to fees from time to time. If any service provided through our Website is to be subject to a fee, this will be clearly set out at the relevant section of the Website.
You are allowed to maintain only one active account on our Website ("Account")
Accounts registered with someone else's email address may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address or any incorrect information. Where multiple logins for the same person have been created these will be merged into the most recently logged in or recently created of the accounts. Content from all accounts will be merged into the new singular account. Your Account password and any other piece of information provided as part of our security procedures must be treated confidentially. You should not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us. 8. How you may use material on our Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website and in the material published on it (excluding in relation to any Third-Party Service). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our Website. Users of the Website are granted a limited license to use (display or print) the information contained on the Website for their own personal noncommercial use only.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
No part of our Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website without our prior written consent.
9. Do not rely on information on this Website
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on of the content on our Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date. While we make every effort to present accurate and reliable information on our Website, we do not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor do we guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information.
10. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only on an "as is" basis with no warranty, express or implied, in relation to any of the content of such third-party sites.
Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. A link to another site or website should not be construed to imply that we are affiliated or associated with, or are legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in or through the link. We accept no responsibility for any third party-owned tools, products or content featured or made available to you on our Website or for any third-party site(s) which our site(s) may link to.
We have no control over the contents of those sites/websites or resources and any such links should not be construed as an endorsement of any product or service.
11. User-generated content is not approved by us
Our Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to social media sites, bulletin boards and interactive features. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
12. Uploading contributions
By sharing any contribution on our Website (if applicable) or social media account(s) (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree to grant us, free of charge, a non-exclusive license to use the material in any way related to its purpose (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons). You will retain copyright in your contribution. You confirm that your contribution is your own original work or that you otherwise have the right to grant us such a license.
We normally show your name with your contribution. We may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content or contributions to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website, you must ensure that such content complies with the following standards:
• be in English.
• be accurate (where it states facts) and be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
• be civil, tasteful.
• comply with the laws of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and those applicable in any country from which it is posted.
Content must not
• be unlawful or be defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
• infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
• be likely to deceive any person, promote any illegal activity or contributed with the intention of causing harm.
• threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• amount to spam, advertising or promotional material (except were approved by us).
• deliberately misuse the ratings facility
• impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
You warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and nonproprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our Website a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
13. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing or attempting to introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-ofservice attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the laws of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and/or another relevant jurisdiction. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
14. Rules about linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Website on any part of a website or other website that is not owned or controlled by you.
Unless we have provided you with express linking permission, our Website must not be framed on any other site or website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Usage of our Website is at your own risk and we accept no liability in respect of the same and we disclaim all liability to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
We disclaim and exclude all warranties, express or implied and we shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
Activities or events featured on our Websites may not be suitable for you or your family and we do not advise on the suitability or unsuitability of such activities or events. We shall not be liable or responsible to any person or entity for any injury, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use or interpretation of the material, or from taking part in any activity or event, featured on our Website. We shall not be liable for the actions, omissions, or advice of any third party that has been introduced by us to users as part of, or otherwise through our Websites.
If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you have suggestions or comments on this website, please visit https://sta.gov.sa/en/